The controller for your personal data is ReadSpeaker (hereafter referred to as “ReadSpeaker”).
ReadSpeaker, Princenhof park 13, 3972 NG, Driebergen-Rijsenburg, The Netherlands
1. Use of personal data
Below follows a description of the personal data ReadSpeaker uses, for what purposes and the lawful basis.
Website visits and requests
- If as a website visitor you request certain information on our products or services, through our website, we use your name, address, phone number and e-mail address to communicate with you and to comply with your request.
Ordering our products
- If you order our products, we register your name, address, email address, phone number, to process your order and handle payment, to communicate with you and to provide customer service.
- If you subscribe via the ReadSpeaker contact form, we will use your email address to send you information on ReadSpeaker products and services. In case you do not wish to receive any more information by e-mail, you can unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each mail or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may also send you information on our products and services by ordinary mail. If you do not wish to receive information from us, please send an email to email@example.com.
2. Legal ground
The most important legal ground for processing your data is that this is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and ReadSpeaker, for instance if you request certain information or buy one of our products. We may also process your data in order to comply with legal obligations, such as fiscal and tax law. In certain case the processing is based on your permission, for instance when you have indicated a specific product interest on our website.
3. Use of personal data by third parties
ReadSpeaker does not share your data with third parties, unless:
- You have given us your permission;
- There is a legal obligation to do so;
- When we act on your request or carry out your order with other ReadSpeaker affiliates;
- In the event of a merger with or acquisition of ReadSpeaker or (part of) its assets by a third party;
- Parties act for ReadSpeaker as a processor on our behalf.
4. Transfer of data outside the European Union (EU)
In the light of the above-mentioned purposes of the processing of data by ReadSpeaker, your personal data may be transferred to HubSpot who processes data on our behalf in the United States of America. The United States of America are not considered to provide the same level of protection of personal data as the EU Regulation on the protection of Personal Data. However, we have entered into a data processor agreement with HubSpot that include the EU standard contractual clauses for processors and as a result your data are nevertheless sufficiently protected. A copy of these clauses may be obtained by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Merger or acquisition
ReadSpeaker may transfer its enterprise or the whole or part of its assets to a third party. In that case your personal data shall also be transferred to that party. We shall inform you hereof in a timely manner. In case you do not wish to use our services anymore, you may request us to remove your data.
6. Storage period
Personal data will not be kept by us any longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were originally collected or processed further. All personal data will be stored no longer than required by the GDPR and national regulations such as financial and tax obligations. This includes ordering, financial and contact data.
You have the right to inspect your data and to request to correct, restrict, block or remove them. You also have the right to request to obtain a machine-readable subset of your data to store it elsewhere. Where the processing of your personal data is based on your permission, you are at all times entitled to withdraw your permission.
Requests to exercise the above rights may be submitted by sending an e-mail to our Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection Officer for ReadSpeaker may be contacted at email@example.com.
You may also at all times file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
9. Changes to this policy
ReadSpeaker reserves the right to change this policy. Make sure you are always familiar with the latest version of this policy posted here. We will inform you of important changes in a timely manner.